SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Generic 4X Racerstar Racing Edition 2205 BR2205 2300KV 2-4S Brushless Motor Black for 210 X220 250 280 RC Drone Quadcopter 4pcs Racing onlqqi3339-New toy
- DC Collectibles Green Arrow & Black Canary Statue
- Gemini Jets US Airways (American West Teal Retro) A319 1 400 Scale
- Destination Cardiff 10th Anniversary Edition
- Kikaida 01 Hakaider Mask Collection set Tamashii web exclusive
- QTPL Multi-function folding ladder ladder, home ladder, two-step ladder, two-step ladder, student ladder (black pedal size 30 20cm) (color Multi-colord)
- Cosplay costume,SXXS Cosplay anime game uniforms pirate costumes Halloween party role playing 5214 With a Unique Original Ring Fxxk Me
- Moslion Deer Throw Blanket Winter Christmas Deer Wear Red Striped Scarf Antler Snowflake Blanket Home Decorative Flannel Warm Travel Blankets 50x60 Inch for Couch Bed Grey
- Return Of The King Talking Deluxe Gollum by Toy Biz
- Sandaime J Soul Bredhers LIVE TOUR 2017 UNKNOWN METROPOLIZ official goods Tokyo Dome venue limited photo T-shirt NIGO S size
- Rainbow Personalised Party Thank You Cards
- My First Super Science Kit by Be Amazing Toys
- (L) - Mens Tavern Keeper Costume Large UK 2.4cm for Middle Ages Fancy Dress
- Icy screen S-154 (japan import)
- 5x6M LPKH Tarpaulin Waterproof Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Covers Camping Gardening and Truck Tarp Sheet Canvas TARPAULINS (Size 6x10M)
- Speedo Men's Marina Volley 2.0 Black Green XX-Large
- DSstyles Kimi Kalimba Acrylic Thumb Piano 17 Keys with Tuner Hammer Gig Bag
- Aquarium clione (japan import)
- Stupell Industries No Place Like Home For the Holidays Oversized Wall Plaque Art, Proudly Made in USA
- MasterPieces Ty Beanie Boo's Fun at The Park - 36 Piece Kids Shaped Floor Puzzle
- 39x49 Inch Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft Throw-Blankets for Girls Boys,Multi-color Dog Paw Print with White Background,Lightweight Warm Kids Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch Home Decor
- Trademark Fine Art Nautical Close-Ups 11 by Carlos Casamayor, 14x14 Fine Art, Multicolor
- Alisoso Family,Kids Decor Curtain Happy Family Letters with Flowers Hearts Stars Dots Circles Cartoon Like Artwork 42 X45 Nursery and Kids Bedroom Curtain
- Anatex City Transportation Wall Panel
- Schnediers Vienna 78302-075 School rucksack Soft Rally Extreme, 4 pieces
- ROADMAX Tractor by Bruder Toys
- Baby Stroller Lightweight and Comfortable Sunshade Folding Stroller (color bluee)
- YuGiOh Master Collection Exodia the Forbidden One Limited Edition
- Cat Meatball Dora toy cushions
- Memtes Military Fighter Army Truck Tank Toy with Mini Army Soldier
- Farmerly Modern Without Armrest Sofa Cover Multifunction Sofa Slipcover Big Elastic Fabric Anti-Mite 160-210cm bluee Star Sofa Bed Covers 17, 180-210cm
- Aurora World Girlz Nation Pink Fox Plush
- Elastic Spandex Slipcovers Sofa Covers Sectional Sofa Cover Stretch All-Inclusive Sofa Towel Couch Case Cover for Living Room 11, Four-Seater
- Ousia KY9549R 1 18 Scale Kyosho Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic LUX Die Cast Model, Firenze Red
- TP Explorer Platform for Climbing Frame
- Fr R Big Joe 3.8 All Terrain Mnt Tech 5 Blk Whl
- Oncegod Nap Blanket Zodiac Cancer Swirled Ocean Animal Camping Throw,Office wrap 60 W x 51 L
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn