SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Funko Pop Animation Hair Bear Brown SDCC Exclusive Vinyl Figure by Hair Bear Bunch 2016 oncqfy1396-New toy
- 1pc CNC Aluminum Alloy 3-Blades Paddle propellers for RC Boat Positive D32 34 36 38 40 42 43 45 48 54 55 67mm Special for Racing F
- In The Breeze Koi Windsock, 40-Inch
- Free shiping OD30mm to OD 60mm with 500mm Length High Quality Plain Glossy 3K Carbon Fiber Fabric Wound Tube 2pcs of 40mm x 38mm
- LEC USA 1996 Burlington Northern Sante Fe Battery Operated Train Set
- color10 35 x60 Inch BelleAckerman Sand Free Beach Blanket Alice,Grunge Looking Design for Girls Lettering in Pink color on Radial Background,Pale Pink and White Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket 50 x60
- Stool Solid Wood Storage Sofa Coffee Table Fabric Change shoes Storage Multifunctional Bed End The Front Is A, The Face Is Turned Into A Coffee Table. (color A)
- Foldable Storage Box Book Box car Storage Box Plastic Box-Pink
- Naruto Ninja Big Five Country Hathigane T-Shirt Black (S) [Toy] (japan import)
- IPrint Baby Hooded Blanket Boys Girls Nature Soft Fluffy Minky Warm Cover Relieves Anxiety Stress Insomnia Boat The Foggy Lake Deck Dreamy Forest in The Morning Country Style Image (Adults 60 x 80 )
- QINYAN-Home Lightweight Blanket (60 x60 ) Summer Quilt Comforter Victorian Decor Floral Ornament Luxurious Western Traditional Artwork Fabric Design Pattern Outline.
- Teething Bling Pearl Shimmer Pendant
- Pikolinos Men's Jerez 09Z-3090 Nautic Olmo Loafer
- Henglong 3909 39091 1 16 RC Tank Russia T34 85 Upgrade Parts Metal Wheels hub Set Driving Wheel Induction Wheel Induction Wheel
- HANNA BARBERA POP ANIMATION WACKY RACES FLOCKED MUTLEY LIMITED EDITION POP VINTL
- Printing All-Inclusive Elastic Spandex Slipcovers Stretch Corner L Type Sofa Covers Sectional Sofa Cover Predective Couch Cover 8, Four Seater
- PAW PATROL 6035215 Rescue Racers Team Pack
- ASSOCIATED PROSC10 CONTENDER BODYSHELL RJ ROCKSTAR PAINTED
- Erzi Erzi46406 Slackspot Outdoor Toy
- Lsxlsd Toy Model Marvel Deadly Guardian Anti-Hero Black Spider Venom Decoration Model
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn