SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Sword Art Online Asuna tie (japan import) oncqfy3571-New toy
- Winnie The Pooh Unique Disney Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Pumpkin 6 Plush Bean Bag Doll
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Disruptor (2 Pack)
- Homyl 14 Pieces Zinc Alloy Multi-Sided Dices D20 D12 D10 D8 D6 D4 for Party Club Casino Board Game Supplies
- Diy Oil Painting Paint By Number Kit For Adult Kids -16X20 Inch,Pink Lotus Flower
- YCSD Stool 2 Pack- Deluxe Fabric Padded Stackable Stools,home Dining Stool Lightweight furniture (color 011)
- Laliva LeadingStar MC805 color Magnetic Drawing Board for Kids
- Rubies Costume Drama Queens Tween Zebra Costume - Tween Medium (2- 4)
- Fast Lane Pump Action Worker with Crane Truck Twin Pack
- Star Wars Ep7 Stormtrooper Deluxe Boys Costume Size L
- DC HeroClix Batman VS. Superman Dawn of Justice Movie Gravity Feed by HeroClix
- Black Leather 8 US 38 EU Naturalizer Womens Taimi Taimi
- Major Wii Perfect Closer [Japan Import]
- Pink Strawberry Cocktails Personalised Hen Do Night Party Invitations - Hen18
- YZ-YUAN Wig Human Hair Deep Wave Lace Natural color Real Hair Curlers Hairpiece Daily Use
- Unicorn Party Favors for Goodie Bags-12 Reusable Unicorn Drinking Plastic Straws-24 Pcs Unicorn Stampers-8 Sheets Unicorn TattoosMagical Unicorn Themed Birthday Party Supplies
- Hubsan H122D X4 Storm 5.8G FPV Micro Racing Drone Quadcopter with 720P Camera HV002 Goggles - Mode 2 (Left Hand Thredtle) Goggles Version
- Disney Minnie Mouse Large 16 School Backpack
- T's system. Touhou Project Remilia Scarlet PVC Figure (japan import)
- CXQ Cute Cartoon Big Mouth Monster Creative Double Layer Corrugated Paper Cat House Cat Tent Cat Scratch Board Cat Litter
- SKYRC 380W Power Supply 6A 100-200V AC to 24V DC Power Supply Adapter B6 B6 Nano e4Q charger
- color05 60 x50 QINYAN-Home Soft Travel Blanket(60 x36 Summer Quilt Comforter Floral Flourishing Vibrant Flowers Leaf Petals Blossoms Essence Fragrance Themed Image Multicolor.
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn