SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
YQRYP Non-Slip Stool Household Ladder Stool Solid Wood Two-Step Step Stool Dual-use Foot Stool Ascending Staircase Step Ladder Slip (color A) Step Resistant,Durable,Household,Outdoor onudzj3744-New toy
- Makeup & Manicures Water Wow Activity Book + FREE Melissa & Doug Scratch Art Mini-Pad Bundle 
- Marvel Hot Toys 1 4 Scale Iron Patriot Bust Iron Man 3 Collectible
- Warmfamily Yoga Summer Quilt Comforter Yin Yang Flowers Peace Balance Earth Opposite Contrary Forces Art Digital Printing Blanket 60 x50 Slate bluee Turquoise Umber
- Witney gold Horseware Rambo Newmarket Dog Coat XXXL 75.5 cm Approx Neck To Tail
- Roc Hobby Falcon Aerobatic Sports Plane with Retracts ARTF - no Tx Rx Bat
- The Cats Vs Dogs Hand painted themed chess pieces by Italfama
- Dark Green Amusement Park Silhouette Dessert Plate Decorative Porcelain 8 inch Dinner Home
- Buddy L Monster Wheel Tow Team
- Mrc 0001310 Thredtlepack 9900, 1310
- XiangRenShunYi Reborn Dolls, NPK Simulation Silicone Reborn Boy Baby Doll Kids Bathing Playmate Gift Toy
- MTG - New Phyrexia Intro Pack Ravaging Swarm [Toy]
- Angry Birds 6th Birthday Party Supplies and Group See-Thru Balloon Decorations
- Deluxe King of Hearts Costume Large
- VIDOO Mini Live Steam Engine Brass Stirling Engine Model Science Education
- Pinky 22 Inch 55cm Lifelike Soft Silicone Babies Reborn Baby Doll Alive Cloth Body Real Life Like Newborn Dolls Girl Toy Toddler
- WWE Wrestling Ruthless Aggression Series 44 Action Figure MVP
- Vintage Sofa Cover Elastic Spandex Polyester Stretch Slipcovers Totem Flowers Living Room All-Inclusive Corner Wrap Couch Cover 5, Three-seaters
- Leaves Printing Anti-dust Sofa Cover High Elastic Stretch Tight Wrap Furniture Predector Towel 1 2 3 4-Seater Home Textile color 10, 2seater 145-185cm
- (30cm x 25cm for 23cm x 18cm pictures, gold Frame with Black Mount) - French Baroque Style With Mount Ornate Swept Antique StylePhoto frame picture frame poster frame - gold Frame with Black Mount- 30cm x 25cm for 23cm x 18cm pictures
- Dead Fly 21 27 Speed Road Bike Double disc Students Male and Female Models Retro sifei Fluorescence ZXC Bicycle
- Trampolines Foldable 48 inches with Safety Pad for Indoor Garden Workout Cardio Training - for Kids Adults - Max Load 440lbs
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn