SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Hobby LOCKHEED F117A NIGHTHAWK 1 72 diecast model aircraft Master plane onsatr5714-new toys
- Pretty Playing Card Sexy Adult Costume - Medium Large - Red Black
- Ormino 20 22 Inch Carbon Fiber Propeller Quadrocopter Quadcopter Propellers Carbon Fiber Propeller RC Drone Accessories 2265 for 12mm
- Hot Wheels Batman the Dark Knight Bat-Pod & the Joker Action Duos Diecast Car Set
- Flower Slipcover Sofa Cover Tightly All-Inclusive Wrap Single Double Three Four-Seat Sofa Cover Elasticity Sofa Cover 1pcs 08, Two Seat
- Generic 1 Set MA AR S2 MS SXX TZ Chassis Modify Spare Parts Set for DIY Tamiya Mini 4WD RC Car Model 2014 2013 J-Cup 2014
- Julius-K9 16IDC-C-4 IDC Power Harness Size 4 (96-138cm 38-54.5) Camouflage
- 4pcs elegantstunning for Xiao-mi FIMI A3 RC Quadcopter Spare Parts 11.1V 2000 mAh 3S Rechargeable Lipo Battery RC Battery for RC Part 2Pcs
- Megahouse Gyrozetter Rinne Inaba PVC Figure, Excellent Model by Megahouse
- The Zulu War - Zulus At Rorke's Drift Plastic Army Men 16 piece set of 54mm Figures - 1 32 Scale by A Call to Arms
- Ms. pink gold Kolor Aluminum Road Bike 700C 18-Speed 20-Speed Road car Racing Breaking Wind
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn