SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
LEGO Friends Andrea's Talent 41368 Building (429 Piece) Kit Show onoyns3676-New toy
- LEGO Ninjago - minifigure snake Skalidor
- Games Workshop 99120208016 Seraphon Saurus Guard
- Mine Yoshizaki Character Series Vol.1 Limit Gunz PVC Figure 1 6 scale
- Medicom Evangelion 2.0 EVA-02 Real Action Heroes Figure
- Hot Wheels 66 Batmobile Faster Than Ever Series 0710
- Green Bay Packers Lil' Teammates Collectible Team Sets
- Prettyia 6pcs Miniature Retro Dressing Table and Floral Bed Set 1 12 Dollhouse Furniture Accessories
- Radica Monte Carlo Electronic Handheld Acey Deucey Poker Game by Radica
- ZSUO Warm Blanket 50 x60 Inch Educational,Cute Kids Alphabet with Fruits Animals Prince Princess Cheerful colorful Design Multicolor Super Soft Faux Fur Plush Decorative Blanket
- 67 Sequin Snake Large Stuffed Animal Toy Made of Soft Plush
- FPVDrone 1PC 1104 7500KV Brushless Motors for FPV Racing Drone Quadcopter
- Farmerly 1 Piece Plush Fabric Sofa Cover European Style Soft Slip Resistant Slipcover Seat Couch Cover Sofa Towel for Living Room Decor 1PCS Pillowcase, 90x180cm 1pc
- LPKH Tarpaulin Shade Cloth Thick Waterproof Sunscreen PVC Tarp Sheet,Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Cover, Camping Tent Tarp (color White, Size 2 2M)
- Magic the Gathering Kolaghan Forerunners (144 264) Dragons of Tarkir
- Nicole Lee Quinn 20 Inch Backpack, New York, One Size
- Solid color Stretch Sofa Cover Corner Slipcovers Sectional Elastic Furniture Couch Predector Seat Case Living Room Home Decor 16, Two-Seater
- Tamiya 16014 1 6 Honda MB50Z Re-Release
- Disney Star Wars Tours Travel Agency Figures Set - Disney Theme Park Exclusive
- Front hub carriers caster angle of 6 degrees bluee Tamiya GF-01, SGW-336B for G6-01
- Pokemon card Paper Half Play Mat
- Generic JCZK 300C Helicopter Aircraft RC Helicopters Accessories All Series Replacement Parts 300C-A004A027 Parts &Accs A018
- Minichamps 1 43 Scale 1972 Mclaren Ford M19 Danny Hulme Winner South African GP Model Car
- Global Game Changers Make Me a Superhero Activity Kit, Hot Pink, 26 Long by Global Game Changers
- LEGO Harry Potter 4722 Gryffindor Dormitory
- Silicone Vinyl Reborn Baby Dolls Handmade Lifelike Realistic Baby Doll Soft Simulation 11 inch 28 cm Eyes Open Girl Favorite Gift Can Be Washed
- color02 60\ WinfreyDecor Christmas Living Room Bedroom Warm Blanket Funny Cat Sleeping with a Hat and Little Fairy Hanging Xmas Ornaments Artistic Style Home, Couch, Outdoor, Travel Use 60 Wx60 L Red
- 1232 - 1963 5c West Virginia Statehood U. S. Postage Stamp Plate Block (4) by USPS
- Diy Oil Painting Paint By Number Kit For Adults, color By Number,African Lion,Gift 16''X20'' Inch
- Trademark Fine Art Indigo Floral on Linen I by Vision Studio, 14x14
- Redtooth Poker 8-Seat Poker Table Top
- SUMMER STATION 2016 Mr.King [Muffler Towel] Gamushara Summer station goods
- Weiss black Trial Deck Angel Beats Re Edit
- Farmerly Christmas Sofa cvoer Stretch Sofa Covers Elastici seat Couch Cover Slipcovers Furniture Sofa Predector Home Weddings Decoration K166, AB 235-300cm
- Hello Kitty Clasp Frame Plush Coin Case Coin Purse Face
- color01 70 Wx93 L WinfreyDecor Elephant Living Room Bedroom Warm Blanket Elephant Dressing with Thai Kingdom Tradition Accessories Pagoda in Ayuthaya Bedroom Warm 60 Wx60 L Green Marigold
- Lego Disney Mini Figure (Full Box) (C)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn